If we’re going to do this whole “growing up” thing, we’re going to do it my way.
There are a lot of things I don’t know right now. There are lot of open questions and a general uncertainty that can, at times, be overwhelming. With this in mind, I recently sat down to remind myself of all the things that I do know. This is the result:
- to leave behind more than I take
- to pursue meaning over happiness
- to let my values and morals guide everything I do
- to maintain my youthful idealism, optimism and imagination – even as my beard turns grey
- to continue to be a cheerleader and remind people that they are wonderful (we don’t do it enough)
I never want…
- to stop caring about this planet or all of the people on it
- to work a standard 9-5 desk job
- to let $, or what is “the norm” guide my decisions
- to hold in an opinion for fear of how it will be perceived
- to lose my faith in people and the incredible things they are capable of
- to stop wearing my heart on my sleeve
- to take the little things for granted; to be too busy to stop and watch the wind blow through the trees
Until next time.